Monday, September 22, 2008

Today's the Day!

Well, today's the day we leave. I'm all packed and think I have everything I need. We had a beautiful Fact-Finding Mission Trip Commissioning at church yesterday. The Elders (Active and Inactive) came forward for the laying on of hands. Elder John Metzel and I stood there as Soon-to-be "Rev." Susi Ennis commissioned us with beautiful questions, words, and a lovely prayer. I teared up a bit, but not too much! I really felt the Holy Spirit present and am so thankful to be the pastor of such a loving, generous, kind, and mission-minded congregation! If I believed in luck, I'd have to say that I'm the luckiest pastor in the world! However, since I don't...I'll just say that I am the most providentially blessed pastor in the world! Yes, I'm Presbyterian through and through!

Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't stress. God is with you!