Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Preparing for the trip.

In the last two months, I have been mentally, psychologically, physically, and spiritually preparing to go to one of the poorest countries on the earth: the Democratic Replublic of the Congo. As a former missionary, I believe that Christ's command to "go into all the world, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" is an important part of what it means to be a Christian. It's just that I'm feeling a lot older than when I first went overseas to serve as a missionary in Egypt, Israel, Northern Ireland, and South Korea! That was 20 years ago and my body was 20 years younger and stronger. But, enough of a pitty party for me!

I am thankful to God for all the generosity that has been shown to me and to the other two saints who are going to travel with me on this Fact-Finding Trip to Lubondai, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (hereafter referred to as the "DRC"): Elder John Metzel and the Rev. William Metzel. It is our goal to find out whether or not it is truly feasible to repair a canal that brings fresh water and hydroelectric power to the Lubondai community.

It is our hope and prayer to be able to repair the canal that comes into the community of Lubondai so that they will once again have fresh water and electric power, especially for their hospital and schools. If it be God's Will, this trip, along with many other follow-up trips with mission workers and supplies, will follow.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Susi said...

I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts and musings as you take this trip.